August 16, 2011

"Residence Hall Suites May Foster Greater Alcohol Use" from InformeDesign

I like to regularly visit the site InformeDesign and browse through articles that interest me. What I like about InformeDesign is they read the article for you, then sum it up so you can just get through the article down to the facts. It's like the Sparknotes version of lengthy research articles.

Today, the article that sparked my interest was "Residence Hall Suites May Foster Greater Alcohol Use". Being that I just graduated last summer from a university that has only suite-style dorms, and being that I was a Resident Advisor (RA) at said university for two years, this article hit home for me. As an RA, we had to deal with alcohol policy violations all the time. I remember I was the RA on Duty one Halloween night and we were up until 6am writing incident reports, mainly for alcohol violations.

The article was saying that it is too easy for students who have suite-style dorms to hide away and not be seen with alcohol. They have a bathroom, a sink, and a fridge. They could live in there for days if they wanted to.

I just thought it was an interesting article... click here if you want to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment