August 17, 2011

My Dream Kitchen

Well, we are house shopping. I'm currently (and embarrassed to admit) living in my parents house... it's not a dream, that's for sure. So, as we are house shopping, my designer brain is running wild!!!

Today, we found a house that had a good head start on my dream kitchen. What is my dream kitchen you ask? See below.


How much do I love this kitchen? Let me count the ways. First off, I love the natural light! Wow, wouldn't that be a dream to cook and entertain in?! Second, I love the island. I want an island that is not more cabinets and countertops, but more of a furniture piece. I like how this one has open shelving. It just seems more familiar and comfortable to me, like being at the dining table. I also love the cabinetry. Classy and a little modern with a small hint of country. And I love the lighting... and...

PS - I think this kitchen is half the size of the houses we are looking at... what can I say? My parents taught me to dream BIG :)

No comments:

Post a Comment